WHAT ARE INTERNATIONAL DERIVATIVES (IDX)?
- The JSE’s IDX Futures are SSF’s that provide South Africans investors (including corporate investors, trusts and funds) with an opportunity to trade and gain exposure to the price movements of internationally listed equities (shares) such as BP, Vodafone, Nokia, Google and much more.
- IDX allows local investors simple, effective and low cost access to international stock markets, with the simplicity of trading on the local exchange.
- IDX investors are not affected by exchange control restrictions or the counterparty risk associated with unregulated over-the-counter trading.
BENEFITS OF TRADING IDX FUTURE CONTRACTS
- You can diversify your portfolio globally by trading International SSFs, which gives you the opportunity to share in the growth of the world’s largest and most profitable companies and enable investors to reduce their overall investment risk.
- Convenient global market exposure through access to global markets.
- Benefit from exchange control exceptions: IDX futures enable investors to gain foreign market exposure without the restrictions and paperwork of exchange control regulations or the expense of setting up a foreign trading account.
- Hedging: Effectively protect yourself from currency fluctuations through currency futures, therefore only participating in the price movements of the stock.
RISKS OF TRADING IDX FUTURE CONTRACTS
The holder of an IDX Future will be exposed to:
Gearing, which, although offers significant returns, can result in substantial losses if the position moves against you as the holder.
However, the risk of this exposure can be hedged through trading currency futures, which are available through SAFEX and Intrepid Capital.
For more information regarding Equity Index Futures, please download our Brochure “IDX Futures”. Where you will find detailed examples and cash flows.
BY TRADING IDX FUTURES THROUGH INTREPID CAPITAL, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Real time online trading
- Real time profit and loss statements / reports
- Competitive brokerage fees
- Ability to enter, cancel and amend orders online
- Live streaming prices
- Intraday graphs
- Live portfolio values and exposure
- Trade and price alerts via email and/or SMS
For more information on how Intrepid Capital can help you with IDX trading, please email email@example.com or call us on
011 234 6570 to have a conversation with our team.