As a result of gearing, the profit and losses on a position can be more than the initial margin posted. If a margin call cannot be met (client is short of funds), the broker may close the position.
With this being said, it is important that investors understand that gearing works in both directions. At Intrepid Capital we protect our clients through a highly effective risk management tool on the DMA (Direct Market Access) platform that clients use to get access to the market.
AVAILABLE INDEX FUTURE CONTRACTS:
FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index (ALSI): consists of the largest 40 companies ranked by full market value in the All Share Index (J203).
- MINI FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index (ALMI): has the same constituents as the ALSI Top 40 Index, however the value per index point is a 10th of the ALSI.
- FTSE/JSE Capped Top 40 Index (CTOP): is constructed in the same way as the Top 40 Index (J200), but all constituents with a weight larger than 10% in the index are capped at a fixed level of 10% at each quarterly review.
- FTSE/JSE Shareholder Weighted Top 40 Index (DTOP): has the same constituents as the Top 40 Index the only difference being the constituents’ weightings in the index. The Shareholder Weighted Indices use the share register to reduce constituent weights by foreign shareholding.
- FTSE/JSE Financial 15 Index (FINI): is made up of the largest 15 All Share Index (J203) companies, ranked by full market cap, that are classified as SA Financials.
- FTSE/JSE Financial Industrial 30 Index (FNDI): is made up of the largest 30 All Share Index (J203) companies, ranked by full market cap, that are classified as SA Industrials and SA Financials.
- FTSE/JSE Gold Mining Index (GLDX): consists of 4 precious metal mining companies.
- FTSE/JSE Industrial 25 Index (INDI): consist of the largest 25 All Share Index (J203) companies, ranked by full market cap, that are classified as SA Industrials.
- FTSE/JSE Resources 20 Index (RESI): consists of the largest 20 All Share Index (J203) companies, ranked by full market cap, that are classified as SA Resources.
- FTSE/JSE South African Listed Property Index (SAPI): comprises the top 20 liquid company, by full market cap, in the Real Estate Investment & Services Sector (8630) and Real Estate Investment Trusts Sector (8670), with a primary listing on the JSE.
Please note: the ALSI, ALMI and DTOP Index Futures are the most liquid index contracts. However if you desire to trade a specific index contract, please contact us and we ensure a buyer or a seller depending on your needs.
For more information regarding Equity Index Futures, please download our Brochure “Index Futures”. Where you will find detailed examples and cash flows.
BY TRADING INDEX FUTURES WITH INTREPID CAPITAL, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Real time online trading
- Real time profit and loss statements / reports
- Competitive brokerage fees
- Ability to enter, cancel and amend orders online
- Live streaming prices
- Intraday graphs
- Live portfolio values and exposure
- Trade and price alerts via email and/or SMS
For more information on how Intrepid Capital can help you with Index Future trading, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 011 234 6570 to have a conversation with one of our team